What to expect from the admissions process:
- Referrals may be faxed, emailed or mailed to the appropriate state program.
- We accept referrals from all regions within and outside of the United States.
- Referrals received from state agencies are assigned to an Bellwether Behavioral Health Admissions Coordinator.
- Referral packets should include:
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Individualized Habilitation Plan (IHP)
- Behavioral assessments and plans
- Psychological and psychiatric evaluations
- Medical information
- Social history
- Once a referral is reviewed, Bellwether Behavioral Health will contact the agency and/or parents/guardians to discuss the program and individual’s needs. Bellwether Behavioral Health can assist parents, legal guardians and agencies in determining the necessary treatment and expertise needed for individuals requiring our services.
- A pre-admission clinical evaluation is scheduled for every referral. An Bellwether Behavioral Health Admissions Coordinator and a member of the clinical
team will meet with the individual and their team where it is most convenient and appropriate (home, school, current placement or at an
Bellwether Behavioral Health location).
- Bellwether Behavioral Health’s medical department reviews medical requirements and active medical insurance is confirmed to address medical and dental needs.
- IEP/IHP is reviewed by Bellwether Behavioral Health’s education department to ensure all goals and programming needs can be met.
- Our multi-disciplinary team will convene to make a determination of acceptance for programming.
- Our Admissions Coordinator will work with the referral source to complete all necessary documents such as contracts, consents, funding approval, and authorizations and schedule an admission date.
We can help facilitate the referral and admissions process. When all other efforts have failed, Bellwether Behavioral Health can make a difference in your loved one’s life. To see if he or she qualifies for placement at one of our Bellwether Behavioral Health locations, please contact us: